Receptionist Volunteer Opportunity
Nairn Citizens Advice Bureau
Receptionist Volunteer –
10:00 – 3:30 Monday to Thursday and 10:00 – 1:00 on Friday working in the office
(Happy to have multiple people sharing the shift if someone is only available for a couple of hours)
Role – You will be the clients first point of contact with the bureau and will make sure they are given a warm and efficient welcome and are aware of what will happen during their visit.
- Welcoming clients and anyone they have with them
- Explaining waiting times and procedures to clients
- Telling people what the CAB can do in a way that suits them
- Working within agreed bureau systems and procedures
- Assisting with administrative tasks
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and pass on callers to the appropriate
person or take a message
Does this sound like you?
- Committed to the aims and principles of the Scottish CAB Service
- Organised and systematic
- Understand the importance of CAB work
- Have good communication skills
- Willing to attend training and other meetings
- The ability to work equally well in a team and unsupervised
- Good understanding of confidentiality
- An interest in, knowledge of or willingness to learn about Nairn Citizens Advice and the service it provides within the community
What are the benefits of volunteering?
- Publicity and Promotion experience
- References to add to your CV
- Be part of a team of volunteers and meet new people
- Helping your community
- Development of communication skills
- Increase your confidence and gain new skills.
- Use your skills and experience to contribute to the success of Nairn Citizens Advice Bureau
Interested? you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org.