Vacancy - Regional Support Officer
Nairn Citizens Advice Bureau Limited
ARMED SERVICES ADVICE PROJECT (ASAP) - REGIONAL
Employer: Nairn Citizens Advice Bureau
Job Title: Regional Support Officer (job share)
Hours: 14 hrs per week. This post could be combined with another vacancy to create a 31hr per week post. Expressions of interest and informal discussions welcome
Salary: £21,187 - £25,070 pro rata and according to experience
Responsible To: Manager
Poppyscotland heads a funding partnership of several other charities which has funded the CAB service to deliver an advice and support service to the Armed Forces community in Scotland. This includes people who are currently serving, those who have served in the past, and their dependants, as well as certain Merchant Navy personnel.
The ASAP Regional Support Officer will work with the Citizens Advice Bureaux in the Inner Moray Firth consortium area. The officer will provide advice to members of the Armed Forces community, support bureaux in the provision of advice to this group, will co-ordinate regional activities.
- To provide and facilitate holistic advice, information and support to members of the Armed Forces community, veterans and their families/dependents.
- Have and maintain expertise in relevant legislation, case law, codes of practice related to this field of work.
- To undertake and facilitate casework for members of the Armed Forces community.
- To develop the project to ensure that clients receive the appropriate type of support either by online digital advice, multi-channel appointment bookings or in person support where the client is vulnerable.
- Provision of outreach at places were the members of the Armed Forces community already visit.
- To support bureaux advice workers in their handling of advice and support to the Armed Forces community by providing effective consultancy and guidance.
- To establish a positive working relationship with the Regional Support Officers in other areas and undertake joint initiatives where appropriate.
- To establish working relationships with all paid and voluntary staff within the Bureaux in the Inner Moray Firth consortium area.
- To work with other voluntary and statutory agencies in promoting the growth of Armed Forces community advice and support in the relevant areas, including awareness raising work with community groups.
- To establish and develop working relationships with other relevant agencies.
- To maintain accurate, confidential records of all casework in keeping with CAB service requirements.
- To record and collate accurate statistics, submit regular reports and case studies as well as contributing to and influencing social policy work.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the Bureau Manager.
· Attend and participate in the national Armed Services Advice Project team meetings.
· Fully participate in CAB staff and volunteer meetings.
- Provide written reports for and attend supervision sessions and annual appraisal.
How to apply
For further details and information on how to apply, please contact Gill MacLean,
telephone 01667 456677 or
write to NCAB, 6 High Street, Nairn, IV12 4BJ